Category: IT|Jan 5, 2019 | Author: Admin

Epic Games launches app store for Android in 2019

Share on

Can they take up the fight against Apple and Google?

Just a month ago, Epic Games announced a digital game store that will compete against Steam.

Can they take up the fight against Apple and Google?

Just a month ago, Epic Games announced a digital game store that will compete against Steam.

The gaming company reported that they will give 88 percent of the sales revenue from a game to the developers, then retain the remaining 12 percent. By comparison, Steam takes a whopping 30 percent.

The developers are better off
According to the Wall Street Journal, Epic Games does not stop launching a PC gaming store. The newspaper now claims that the company will also launch its own "Play Store" -like a solution for Android.

Here too, Epic will give 88 percent of the revenue to the developers. Thus, they can potentially take up the fight with Google, which has a far less lucrative deal. The latter retains 30 percent of the revenue from each sale.

May have consequences for Apple
Although Epic Games can only sell apps and games for Android, according to analyst Ben Schachter in the company Macquarie Capital, it can have major consequences for Apple as well.

The reason is this: If Google is now forced to change how it splits revenue between developers and themselves, as a result of Epic's new venture, this can force Apple to do the same.

In other words, it will be exciting to see how the market develops in 2019.

Sponsored Ads:

Comments:


Fiber.jpg

'Massive' transatlantic data cable landed on beach in Bude

Category: Google|Sep 17, 2021 | Author: Admin
Discord.png

YouTube shuts down Discord music bot ‘Rythm’

Category: Google|Sep 16, 2021 | Author: Admin
Facebook.webp

Facebook's secret rules differentiate between the "elite" and most people

Category: General|Sep 15, 2021 | Author: Admin
Apple.webp

Apple suddenly had to crisis-update the iPhone and Mac

Category: Apple|Sep 14, 2021 | Author: Admin
Epic.webp

Epic is blocked forever on all Apple platforms

Category: Apple|Sep 13, 2021 | Author: Admin
Desktop-Screenshot.png

NVIDIA To Launch GeForce RTX 30 SUPER ‘Ampere Refresh’ In January 2022, GeForce RTX 40 ‘Ada Lovelace’ GPUs in October 2022

Category: General|Sep 12, 2021 | Author: Admin
chrome-os-secret-weapon-100856418-large.jpg

3 smart shortcuts for a curiously hidden Chrome OS command

Category: Google|Sep 11, 2021 | Author: Admin
sunset-gold-iphone-13-render.png

iPhone 13 unveiled in Ukraine

Category: Apple|Sep 10, 2021 | Author: Admin
iCloud.jpg

Apple brings iCloud passwords to Windows, Microsoft's Edge

Category: Apple|Sep 9, 2021 | Author: Admin
AI.webp

AI will determine if you are allowed to drive

Category: General|Sep 8, 2021 | Author: Admin
TPM.png

The game is now blocking unsupported Windows 11 machines

Category: IT|Sep 7, 2021 | Author: Admin
Tech.png

US court rejects patent applications from AIs

Category: General|Sep 6, 2021 | Author: Admin
black.png

Facebook apologizes: their AI tagged video of black men as 'Primates'

Category: General|Sep 5, 2021 | Author: Admin
Apple.png

Apple postpones abuse monitoring after massive criticism

Category: Apple|Sep 4, 2021 | Author: Admin
Microsoft.png

If you do not have a supported machine, you will be thrown out of the Windows 11 testing

Category: Microsoft|Sep 3, 2021 | Author: Admin
more