New July BIOS updates for the Dell XPS 13 (9350) and XPS 15 (9550) bring fixes and more
IT | Jul 7, 2016 | Master3395
Owners of Dell XPS 13 (9350) and Dell XPS 15 (9550) - aka the latest models with Skylake processors - will want to grab some new BIOS updates that have hit Dell's servers in the last 48-hours. While users should be notified with the Dell Update app that checks every three days, it is best to grab it yourself to make sure you are current.
Each BIOS update comes with a detailed changelog with most of the fixes going to the Dell XPS 15 and various improvements for the Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15). Here is what is new and the BIOS update numbers.
Dell XPS 13 (9350) v1.4.4
- Improve touchscreen disable feature functionality
- Added Support for Pre-OS MAC Address pass-through support for Dell Docks and specific Dell LAN Dongles. Display of MAC Address pass-through value in BIOS Setup.
- Improved Type-C device performance and stability
Dell XPS 15 (9550) v 01.02.10
- Fixed Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) device will be lost after S3 resume
- Fixed LCD flickering when in lowest brightness
- Fixed After McAfee encrypted, the PCIE NVMe SSD \ SATA SSD can't boot to OS issue
- Fixed Wake on WLAN takes a long time with Intel 1830/1820A Wireless card
- Fixed USB audio/mouse may be lag while connected to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) and Dell Dock (WD15)
- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise features
- Fixed incorrect Thunderbolt security level reading from Driver
- Fixed Touchpad may be lost after Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) device connected
- Add passthrough MAC address shows on BIOS Setup feature.
- Fixed System will become shut-down with connected to Dell Thunderbolt Dock (TB15) after S4 Resume.
Neither update is considered critical, but it considering the 'fixes & enhancements' for the XPS 15 you would probably be best served by running the upgrade. You will need to have the laptops plugged into an AC outlet during the process, and it should take no longer than five minutes.
Dell has been very forthcoming with BIOS and driver updates for both the XPS 13 and XPS 15. Indeed, just a few days ago video driver updates for the onboard Intel HD graphics were also made available for both devices along with various other chipset drivers.
I personally use both of these laptops (both with InfinityEdge displays) and considered them top of their class. Hopefully, in a few days, I'll share my experience with the 'gold' XPS 13 with Iris graphics.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
General (151) IT (342) Microsoft (164) Apple (68) Europe (2) Google (88) Norge (12) Lokale nyheter [Vestfold] (19) Roblox (0) Roblox Game Review (8) Roblox Model Review (0) Roblox Plugin Review (0) Tutorials (30)