Apple issues iOS 10 beta 2 for iPhone and iPad developer testing
Apple | Jul 5, 2016 | Master3395
Apple released the first beta version of iOS 10 for developers to test last month at WWDC 2016. The public beta version won’t be ready until later in July and the release version is due out this fall, but registered developers can update to iOS 10 beta 2 starting today.
If you’re already testing iOS 10 beta on your iPhone or iPad, head to the Software Update section of the Settings app to find the OTA update.
iOS 10 includes loads of new features and changes including redesigned Music and News apps, the first Home app for HomeKit, a redesigned Lock screen and Home screen experience for widgets, tons of iMessage features in Messages, and much more. Apple tends to tweak major software updates during the beta period, too, so we’ll update with any notable changes.
Catch up on our full coverage with our iOS 10 guide. We’ll dig through the latest iOS 10 beta and update with notable changes. As always, shout in the comments, mention us on @9to5mac, or email with changes you discover as well.
Here’s the update screen (not much to see yet):
And here’s everything new so far:
- Tweaked HomeKit iconography in Control Center
- Notification Center ‘Missed’ becomes ‘Recent’
- Today view for widgets in Notification Center can once again be accessed with swipe down from Home screen, not just within apps
- Iconography for Apple TV and speakers tweaked in AirPlay settings in Control Center
- HomeKit app icon updated from solid yellow to Home app icon in Settings
- Apple Music replaces ‘Downloaded Music’ with ‘Downloads’, no longer removable
- Maps now includes option for ‘Show Parked Location’ plus feature explanation in Settings
- Messages now has Low Quality Image Mode toggle in Settings
- Mail has new filter icon (was previously a filter, now lines within a circle
- Notification Center now has Weather Channel credit once again
- Control Center 3D Touch options have tweaked language, icons
- New Organ Donation changes available in Health app
- Music now has Shuffle option from Songs section (previously had to play a song before shuffling)
- ‘Rest Finger to Unlock’ option in Accessibility Settings
- Lock screen adds ‘Unlocked’ animation in status bar when unlocked, previously just removed lock icon
- App Store now works with Split View on iPad Pro
- iMessage App Store introduced over the weekend now promoted with splash screen
- Feedback app available for more users
- 3D Touching folders with badges now shows badges per apps, previously said ‘Unread’ per app
- Interactive notifications now work differently on non-3D Touch devices (swipe down versus slide over to access options)
- Subtle new Siri animation (Home screen minimizes in background)
From the official release notes:
- In Library, you can now view and manage a list of all active downloads.
- Posts from artists you follow now appear under Connect Posts within For You.
- You can now sign in to Apple Music on Sonos.
- Music videos can now be played fullscreen.
- Related music suggestions now appear in album pages.
Certain Apple Music features will become available in a future beta:
- For You Mixes
- Viewing Connect posts on an artist’s or curator’s page
- Follow and unfollow option on an artist or curator’s page
- Report a concern on Connect posts or comments
- Delete a comment you made on Connect posts
- Account page to view all artists you follow
- Setting to turn on or turn off the Automatically Follow Artists preference
- Show Complete Album for Library items
- Display of works and movements for classical music
- Popularity indicators for albums
To install ios 10, follow the instructions here
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
General (151) IT (342) Microsoft (164) Apple (68) Europe (2) Google (88) Norge (12) Lokale nyheter [Vestfold] (19) Roblox (0) Roblox Game Review (8) Roblox Model Review (0) Roblox Plugin Review (0) Tutorials (30)